Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just About 30 Days.

For the next thirty or so days, I am going to concentrate on pulling pieces from my closet to create new outfits. I'm going to allow myself a five-outfit-repeat, which means I can pick five outfits to repeat over the next thirty days. I'm doing this to see how creative I can be while not looking ridiculous... and to save money, as I just pre-ordered the iPhone 5 (YAY) and don't want to be spending tons of extra money this month on clothes. If I don't post everyday, I'll post at least every couple of days with a few outfits (one for each day!).

My "month" started on Monday.

Monday I had to work at school, and I forgot to take a picture, so here's what I wore created on Polyvore:


Day 1

The only thing I actually have in this photo is the Anchors Aweigh blouse from J.Crew.

Silk Blouse: J. Crew, $30
Green Skirt: J. Crew, $30 (I have the No. 2 in cotton, not satin)
Watch: Target (not pictured) $15
Anchor Necklace: Charming Charlies (not pictured) $3
Sandals: AE by Payless (not pictured) $20

Tuesday I wore a very casual outfit to work, especially compared to what I wore Monday.
As you can see, I just threw on my new(er) favorite skinny jeans from A&F, a tee, and my favorite hoodie with a necklace. That and my Rainbows and the day was soo comfy!

Hoodie: Anne Klein, $5
Tee: Walmart, $4
Anchor Necklace: Charming Charlies, $3
Jeans: Abercrombie and Fitch, $35
Flip Flops (not pictured): Rainbow, $40


Wednesday I wore a little of the color-blocking trend, but I wore all muted colors. I originally saw this blouse featured in this post from J's Everyday Fashion, and when I saw it at Marshalls a few weeks ago, I had to get it! The lighting is really bad in my photos, sorry about that, but this is mainly for documentation, not always to show my photography skills, which are obviously lacking ;)

You'll notice my shorts aren't as red as hers, but I still like the idea.


Again... I'm wearing no shoes, and my room is a wreck. welcome to college/teaching/working/church/babysitting/etc. life. :) I can hear my sister now, "ya-da-ya-da-ya."

Top: Marshalls, $10
Belt: Goodwill, $1
Shorts: Target, $15
(Sandals, not pictured, AE by Payless, $20)
Nail Polish: Sinful Colors, $2
Watch: Target, $15
Chain Link Bracelet: Macy's, $5

As for today, my activities include housework, homework, packing, and zumba. I'll post later tonight for my fourth outfit.

That's all for now!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment