Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Agness.

As I sit down to spend time with Jesus this morning, I keep looking at Agness, "my" little girl from across the world. She has a beautiful deep brown complexion, along with deep brown eyes that make you want to melt and take care of her every need. I long to hear her laugh, and perhaps one day I will. When her picture and information first arrived, I cried. God has given me a love for her and her family already and for that I am grateful. But I also know that she is a blessing in so many ways, one of which is reminding me of my own selfishness. God is really good at that. He doesn't like anyone else taking His glory, and no one else can. Isaiah 42:8 says, "I am The Lord, that is My name, I will not give My glory to another or my praise to idols."

Amen, amen. My constant stream of wants and desires for myself are nothing compared to the glory of God. Agness most likely had a point in her life when she didn't have food to eat, and I have never been through that. Yet God has allowed me to now care for her across the world by providing food for her and so much more. Praise God for Agness, and for reminding me through her that I am a selfish human being covered by the blood of Jesus and in desperate need every moment of a Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment